Reliable Legal Assistance for Traffic Violations in the Hauppauge Area
Experienced attorneys for suspended license, speeding, reckless driving and other traffic violations
Although many traffic offenses are minor, some are quite dangerous and may involve injury or death of other drivers and passengers. If you need to fight a traffic violation, work with a respected attorney with Reynolds, Caronia, Gianelli & La Pinta, P.C. of Hauppauge. Our accomplished legal team has helped people facing a wide range of traffic violations across Long Island since 1982. We offer our experience and dedication 24/7 to our clients.
Common traffic violation offenses
There are many serious traffic violations. The following are some of the most common traffic violations that should be of concern to you:
- Reckless driving: Virtually any unsafe driving behavior can garner a reckless driving ticket, including driving at dangerous speeds, changing lanes without signaling, and tailgating. Police often issue multiple tickets that include the specific violation and a citation for reckless driving.
- Driving with a suspended license or registration: If your license or registration has already been suspended, you may be charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, which makes it difficult to plea down without first reinstating your legal driving status. This may require paying the outstanding fines or citations that caused the suspension in the first place.
- Speeding: If drivers exceed the posted speed limit, they may receive a citation. However, there is a margin for error in the methods police use to measure speed, so getting a ticket is not a guarantee that you have to settle for the penalties.
- Operating a vehicle without insurance: It is possible to receive a ticket for driving without insurance, even if you actually have insurance. Often, these tickets are issued when drivers do not have the necessary proof of insurance in their vehicle or on their person at the time of the traffic stop.
- Commercial vehicle violations: These violations are especially troubling for individuals who rely on their commercial driver license for their livelihood. Examples include operating an improperly inspected vehicle, improper licensure or registration or any of the other aforementioned driving offenses.
- Cell phone use: Most people have been guilty of this offense at one time or another, but if an officer catches you using your cell phone while driving without the use of a hands-free device, the result can be a large fine. Many law enforcement agencies in the state are especially cracking down on texting while driving.
- DWI/DWAI/DUI: One of the most serious types of traffic violations is driving while intoxicated (DWI). If pulled over for DWI, you may face jail time, community service, probation, license revocation/suspension, an ignition interlock system installed in your vehicle, large fines and other penalties.
Penalties for traffic violations in New York
Penalties for driving offenses may have serious and lasting consequences. For instance, a driver who receives a citation for reckless driving will be charged with a misdemeanor that cannot be expunged or sealed. To address a traffic citation in the state of New York, it is important to act quickly and thoroughly.
Work with experienced traffic lawyers in Suffolk County
If you’re dealing with a traffic violation, call on the skilled legal team at Reynolds, Caronia, Gianelli & La Pinta, P.C. in Hauppauge. Our office is centrally located off the Long Island Expressway. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., with after-hours appointments available upon request. For a free initial consultation, call 631-231-1199 or contact us online today.
Se habla español ● We speak Spanish
Si parla italiano ● We speak Italian